What are cookies?
“Cookies” are small software labels that are stored on your computer through the browser, retaining only information related to your preferences, not including your personal data.
What are cookies for?
Cookies help determine the usefulness, the interest and the number of uses of your websites, allowing for faster and more efficient navigation, eliminating the need to repeatedly enter the same information.
How many types of cookies are there?
There are two cookie groups that can be used
- Permanent cookies – are cookies that are stored at the level of the browser in your access equipment (PC, mobile and tablet) and are used whenever you do a new visit to one of our websites. They are generally used to direct navigation to the user’s interests, allowing us to provide a more personalized service.
- Session cookies – These are temporary cookies that remain in your browser’s cookie file until you leave the website. The information obtained by these cookies serves to analyze patterns of web traffic, allowing us to identify problems and provide a better browsing experience.
- Strictly needed cookies – Allow you to browse the website and use your applications as well as access secure areas of the website. Without these cookies, the services you have requested cannot be provided.
- Analytical cookies – They are used anonymously for the purpose of creating and analyzing statistics, in order to improve the functioning of the website.
- Functional cookies – Saves user preferences regarding site usage, so you do not need to reconfigure the site each time you visit.
- Third-party cookies – Measure application success and third-party advertising effectiveness. They can also be used to customize a widget with user data.
- Advertising Cookies – Directs advertising according to the interests of each user, in order to target the advertising campaigns taking into account the preferences of users, and also limit the number of times you see the ad, helping to measure the effectiveness of advertising and the success of the organization of the website.
How can you manage cookies?
All browsers allow the user to accept, reject or delete cookies, in particular by selecting the appropriate settings in their browser. You can set cookies in the “Options” or “Preferences” menu of your browser.
Note, however, that by disabling cookies, you can prevent some web services from working properly, affecting, in part or in full, navigation on the website.